1 pkt dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
2 and 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbls oil
1/3 cup coconut cream (or juice or water)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Activate yeast by placing in bowl with the warm water and a tsp of the sugar directly in your mixers bowl.
2. Now add the rest of your ingredients and mix till well combined and the dough leaves the sides of the bowl clean.
Place the dough in a large, greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Keep in warm place till it’s doubled in size (about 1 hour).
3. Roll out the Dough on a lightly floured surface.
4. Using an upside down glass or round cookie cutters dipped in flour, cut out circles.
5. Fill the HamanTash with filling of your choice
6. Brush egg wash the edges of the circle this will help the dough stick and not open up during baking.
7. Form triangles by folding over 3 equal sides. Lightly press on the three corners.
8. Egg wash the HamanTash
9. Bake in oven pre-heated to 180C for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
©ORIT TABACK BAKERY DEMO